Arctic Monkeys - AM

Tuesday 15 October 2013


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
★★★★★★★★★ 9/10 | Running length 12 tracks | Running time 41:43

01 Do I Wanna Know?
02 R U Mine?
03 One for the Road
04 Arabella
05 I Want It All
06 No. 1 Party Anthem
07 Mad Sounds
08 Fireside
09 Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
10 Snap Out of It
11 Knee Socks
12 I Wanna Be Yours

I only interested in their first album which is very garage and have such a light mood-ed sarcasm in every aspect in it, and recent release, this AM album, sound's really bluesy. The first track that interest me so much "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?", have that bluesy drum stomp beat that hook me right up my arse, well no, not my arse, ears mostly. Overall, the album itself reminds me of an awesome blues album; "Brothers" from The Black Keys, they get back to their root on that album.

Some blues highlight track like "Do I Wanna Know?" and "Knee Socks", that makes me want to wear my blue jeans and boots, or on the track "Snap Out of It" makes me like; is that The Black Keys? Does my itunes shuffled or the album is ended already? "R U Mine?" and "Arabella" are sounds like songs on their first album, for me it's like; this is it, this is the Arctic Monkeys i know. And finally some slow ballad like "No. 1 Party Anthem" and "Mad Sounds" to accompany you in the slow evening with friends or lovers.